Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 19 the Diabetic Food Stamp project

I had soup for breakfast followed by coffee with cream. I had to run out and pick up some more venison for the cats. Remember that venison...the stuff I can't eat until March? The cats are loving the trimmings cut into cat sized bites.

Anyway...breakfast

Coffee with cream .17
Bowl of Stone soup .29
Total .46
14 grams of carb

It was a bit of a run around day and my foot (The one smashed at NYSC) was particularly painful today.

I've a class tonight and will be making enchiladas with the kids and they will be having rice. I have had rice on my brain all day so I had a dish at lunch with some rice, but not much.

1/2 cup rice .08
3 chicken legs shredded 1.50
1 red pepper .70
2 onions .20
Butter .30
Garlic .02 (4 cloves)
Capers .10
Total 2.90 (I ate half)

I shredded the chicken (pre-roasted) sauteed the whole chopped pepper, two onions and the garlic in butter. I added in the chicken and rice and toasted the rice, hit it with some oregano and capers. Added a cup of water and brought it to a boil, turned low, put on the lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes, turned off the heat and let rest and then I ate half with some crackers and cheese alongside.

Bliss.


Chicken mix 1.45
Cheese .74
Crackers .07
Total 2.26
Carbs 44 grams

...and I went to Trinity and we worked on cheese and roast pepper enchiladas. While there I had a bit of cheese leftover from a meeting. No cost, no carbs, but more fat.

I got home a little after 9 and needed to eat something.
A little puffy flat bread with bacon, tomato, and feta seasoned with garlic and oregano. Awesome little meal.

Tomato .25
1 oz of feta .24
4 slices of bacon 68
Flat Bread .10
Total 1.27
Carbs 27 grams

1,108 calories, 50% from fat. I hereby declare tomorrow vegetable day.

Total cost 3.99. I had 9.88 I could have used so I now carry  5.89 over.

I am better at budgeting but worse at taking care of myself and balancing meals.







No comments: