Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 24, The Diabetic Food Stamp Diet

I feel horrible.

I don't know if it is the lack of calories yesterday, the culmination of this project: I am not sure what might be causing it, but I barely slept and woke up feeling as if I had been run over by a truck.

I seriously hope I don't develop influenza or some other virus.

The bloated feeling is gone. I was up every hour eliminating excess water. I rarely wake up at night, but it was such a fitful night.

I don't feel sick exactly but I have absolutely no appetite.

I made myself eat something, no coffee; today it sounds gross to me. I had tea and pureed the last of the cabbage soup adding four dumplings. I managed to eat half of that.

Cabbage Soup .05
Dumplings .40
Total .45
Carbs 11 grams

I am now sipping on some Vitamin C dissolved in water.

I had a phone conference at 10, got my energy up for that and went to bed for two hours.

Deep sleep.

When I got up I heated up a mass of the ribs to share with the noon crowd. I took some to my building office, some downstairs, I don't think anyone went hungry.

Though the meat was in trade I did have a cost.

Between the tomatoes, sugar, onions, garlic, etc that went in the sauce I am taking a buck fifty out of my budget.

Because that is reality...if you are on food stamps, or just scraping by and you share that costs you money. If you pay by SNAP that 1.50 comes off our card the same as if you ate it yourself.

I did have 4 ribs myself so that was lunch.

Ribs with sauce 1.50
The rest of the soup .45
Carbs 21 grams

And back to bed where I slept for another two hours solid.

I woke up queasy, not sure if it was indigestion or empty stomach, so I am heating the remainder of the soup.

However it should be noted that I am deeply craving ice cream and potato chips, two things that I typically do not eat. I tend to have a taste of ice cream maybe once a year or so. Now I want it.

Everything feels off today. I had no temperature, no cough, no real symptoms so I made myself go to the gym.

It helped. I feel a bit better.

I have been drinking a lot of water and got up the verve to go to the tenants meeting. I took masses of venison ribs. Unfortunately no one in my building would eat Bambi.

I came home with all the ribs, 3 doughnuts and two bagels. I immediately froze the bagels. I did eat a doughnut, cake like no frosting and it was good. I then had the remainder of the salad with no dressing. Two hours later I followed it with popcorn with butter.

Popcorn .11
Butter .20
Salad 1.00
Doughnut .Free
Total 1.31
Carbs 45 Grams

I only had 872 calories today but considering how I felt most of the day it was enough. Total 3.71.

I had 6.66 for today and only spent 3.71. That gives me 2.95 for tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You on laxatives yet?

My doctor gives me laxative and stool softener so I don't get all backed up.

Beans are okay but most food with fiber cost more money than I can do.