Monday, August 1, 2011

How you can help

Dear Reader,


I have been getting e mail from folks all over asking how they can help. While it certainly helps if you live in San Francisco or have contacts here; read the following and if something applies to you then do it. 



To benefit the SF Food bank; on August 27, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. I will be  hosting a Cookathon, Iron Chef style. I will be cooking for 12 hours in front of a live audience and there will be constant tastings. Admission to this event is a donation of food for the SF Food Bank.  We are inviting Local Chefs, Actors, Artists, Athletes, Writers and others to drop by with a mystery ingredient to challenge me. Let me explain where I can use help.

1. I would love to have you there, you and all your friends.  If you are on Facebook you can confirm attendance on this page I'll be there We have 12 hours to fill with watchers so do bring friends, as many as you can. The event is at St. Luke's Church on Van Ness and Clay  10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

2. I am trying to get 24 'celebrities' of various types to surprise me with mystery ingredients. Who do you know in the Bay Area? Actor? Athlete? Musician? Writer? Chef? and if you don't know anyone directly who are you six degrees of separation from? I am new in this town and need those contacts. I can be reached at WilderKJ@gmail.com and I would love to have all my confirmations by Friday in time for the press release.

3. You can always send a donation. This links to a donate now button for a paypal donation or a cheque can be sent to St. Luke's, 1755 Clay Street, SF CA 94109, just mark Thanksgiving in November on the memo line. After we take care of any unexpected expenses to produce the event any remaining funds go directly to the Food Bank. The entire amount is tax deductible.

4. If you have some time on the day of the event and want to volunteer that would be great too. You can hand out food samples or greet our guests or....about a hundred different things. Just e-mail me and we will schedule the time.

It takes a village....and a global village linked by computers can do a lot.

Feel free to share or link anywhere you like.

Karl Wilder

No comments: