Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday Entertaining Artichoke and Olive Dip

Home entertaining, potlucks, parties; we are all in the entertaining mode this month. This Artichoke and Olive dip recipe is one of those ever popular, no fail dishes. It tastes great right out of the oven, at room temperature and even cold. Everyone but the Vegans will enjoy it and Peta be damned I don't worry too much about the vegans unless one is paying me to cater a party.

1 cup Gruyere cheese grated
1/2 cup Parmesan grated (hold back a bit)
1 cup sour cream
2 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 14 ounce jar of artichokes drained and chopped
1 cup of olives chopped (black or green, but get real olives, not canned)

Mix it all together, use a spoon or put on a glove and squish it around. Put it in a baking dish and dust with the last of the grated cheese. Put in a pre-heated 350 oven for 30 minutes. It should be bubbly and delicious. Serve with pita bread, corn chips, or crackers.

2 comments:

Myrna CG Mibus said...

I halved the recipe and made it for a small gathering last Friday. Everyone loved the dip and I know I'll make it again!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I love artichoke hearts and that seems to be what this uses.

But I've found most artichoke hearts are preserved in a brine or acetic liquid.