Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wines for the New Depression: Trapiche Falling Star Merlot


This simple wine is Merlot blended with Malbec Argentina's premiere grape,

it is very low cost and a delicious party wine.

I first had a glass of this at a Spanish restaurant for 8 bucks a glass. For 8 bucks I felt ripped off. It was a nice fruit burst, but not an 8 buck a glass wine.

For 5 bucks a bottle it is a great party wine, I guess it is all perspective. When you are entertaining on the cheap, it works well and it pairs with a lot of party foods.

I kid you not this wine with Lipton Onion Dip and Chips is it's own form of heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just when I begin to think you are a bit of a food and wine snob you post a story about cheap wine and chip with dips.

You manage to be both pretentious and unpretentious at the same time.