Friday, April 4, 2008

Learn to Taste

For years everyone I know has been after me to create a cookbook. I have a succesful catering company and am constantly asked 'for the recipe'. There often isn't one. I don't measure much of anything and tend not to write things down. I go to farmer's markets and see what food speaks to me and what it needs to be. You can decide if that is creative or lunatique.

This will be my discipline.

In no particular order I shall write down what's good and as often as possible give an idea of how much of the ingredients I use.

My advise to all of you who use these recipes is to learn to taste, if you think it needs more salt, add more salt. If your basil is weak and you want a more pungent taste add more, or even a little fresh mint to kick it up. No recipe is written in stone and if you add milk instead of cream to your soup I will never know, and even if I did know I wouldn't judge you for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We love this so far. You have a great sense of humor about food. PLEASE keep it up.

Unknown said...

...and you should see what he can do with leftover rabbit...