Thursday, November 27, 2008

Figure Friend Mini Meal

4 M requested some figure friendly recipes and after that post on lard I decided to honor her request. Not that the lard is not good, but you can't eat it every day. The truth is that at least once a week I have my Veg day. No meat, no lard, no pasta, just fruits and veggies. After last weekend I decided that today should be that day.

After a breakfast of pineapple and banana I needed a substantial lunch. I went to the Vegetable man on the corner and picked up some of the thinnest, freshest looking asparagus I had ever seen. At the grocer I got a bag of pre-washed baby spinach.

The asparagus I cut into one inch pieces and drizzled with a touch of olive oil and some salt. I put in a pre-heated 450 oven and roast for 5 minutes. That's it. The best of spring freshness in minutes.

The spinach went into a hot pan with a touch of olive oil and 4 cloves of garlic chopped and cooked until just barely tan. A sprinkle of salt and it cooks in a minute. I piled both on a plate and went to town.

Followed by one of the last Tangelos of the season. The entire meal was less than 200 calories and packed with nutrition and really good.

Here is to your figure M.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, darlin. I'll be having this yummy combo over the weekend.